Location: The Bradfield Centre, Cambridge Science Park
Posted: 11 August 2022
Who are we?
We are cThings, a fast-growing start-up based in Cambridge. We develop smart connected devices and services for companies to help them understand and manage their properties and estates. We have an experienced and highly versatile team from the Cambridge technology cluster, who design and deliver products internationally. We provide a range of flexible solutions from rapid device prototyping through to fully managed end-to-end IoT systems.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a mid-level back-end developer who will:
- Help us develop advanced IoT applications and large-scale data systems
- Work on a wide range of challenges including writing firmware for devices to working on our analytics and AI/ML software
- Lead and innovate in the prototyping of new products and ideas by working directly with industry leading clients
- Work closely with all areas of the company, from product management, through developers and stakeholders — to make sure that we are solving the right problems
What we’re looking for:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in computer science, science, engineering or mathematics (or related field)
- At least 2 years working as a software developer
- Demonstrably excellent Python coding skills which go well beyond casual scripting
- Good working knowledge of SQL (preferably MySQL) and NoSQL (preferably Redis and Elasticsearch)
- A good understanding of RESTful API development – experience using Flask or FastAPI (or similar) would be beneficial
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (preferably AWS)
- An understanding of DevOps, specifically knowledge of Version Control, Docker and the principles of CI/CD
- An appreciation for “serverless” and micro-service architecture for the development of high-throughput data systems
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and the chance to become a leading innovator in a fast-moving and exciting work environment. We will offer:
- Opportunities to lead and define the products you work on
- A vibrant start-up atmosphere in a great office
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential
How to get in touch?
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com.
No agencies, please.